Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ATTN: Mr.Christopher Dobbins, School board member District 6
Oakland Unified School District
1225 2nd Ave.
Oakland, CA 94621

Jasmin Lupian
1324 58th Ave.
Oakland, CA 94621

Dear Mr.Dobbins, March 2nd, 2010

My name is Jasmin Lupian, I am a student at Melrose Leadership Academy. I am writing to you because me and other students in my school do not like the food that they give. The food that they give in our school is usually burnt, cold, gross ect. I think that we should have food that is good for you and also tastes good. One of my ideas is to have a salad bar where there could be all kinds of fruits and vegetables. Another idea i had is to maybe put in some lettuce and tomatoes in the hamburgers. Another suggestion i had was to have the fruit that they give us look better, sometimes the apples look rotten and it also looks like someone has already bitten it.

Nobody really like the food in our school sometimes people will not eat something during lunch. they would just wait till lunch. Our lunch time is at 12:30 and some people don't eat till 3:10! This is not good because it can affect there learning. I think that if you gave us food that people would like to eat, this would not happen. Our school is not like any other school because instead of coming out of school around 3:00 we get out at 5:00. so that is why it is very important to eat something during lunch. i suggested to the principle that we can sell things during lunch. This idea would have people eating during lunch and also make money for the school. She said that we can't do that because it is illegal to compete with the school cafeteria. maybe you can have better food that you guys can sell. i don't really care if you don't give my school the money i just think that it is important to have the students in my school eating.

Thank you for your hard work. I have noticed that we have pizza for lunch every wedsday and i think you had something to do with that. If know that person can you tell them we say thank you and we really appreciate there hard work.

sincerely,
Jasmin Lupian

No comments:

Post a Comment